- Solo $115.00 (1-1)
- Duo/Trio $70.00 per dancer (2-3)
- Group $55.00 per dancer (4-9)
- Line $55.00 per dancer (10-15)
- Extended Line $50.00 per dancer (16-24)
- Production $50.00 per dancer (25 & up)
- Extended Time +$3.00 per dancer (Please contact the office.)
Each studio may enter a maximum of 50 competition routines
- If a teacher owns more than one studio, they may compete a maximum of 50 entries for each studio.
- A dancer may compete with only one of the studios.
A dancer may compete with more than one studio only if those studios are owned by different teachers and that dancer is registered at each of the studios as a regular attending student. Unless authorized prior to the event by LA Dance Magic.
- Solos – 3min
- Duo/Trio, Group, Line – 3 min
- Extended Line – 4 min
- Production – 6 min
- Extended Time – please contact the office.
- Two professional quality CD’s for each routine (one master and one back-up) are required.
- Each CD must contain only one edited track.
- A deduction of five (5) points will be taken for improperly edited music.
- CD’s must be in individual sleeves labeled with:
- Routine Name
- Routine Number (please find on competition line up)
- Studio Name
- Junior Prep: 4-7 years old
- Junior: 8-11 years old
- Teen: 12-15 years old
- Senior: 16-18 years old
- Pro: 19 years old and up
- No singing allowed. Lip syncing and talking permitted.
- In order to compete a Solo you must be registered in a group, line, ext. line or production routine. Independent students are welcome to perform as exhibition and will receive video critiques from the judges but will not be eligible for any award.
- Current Magic Performers of the Year
Magic Performers are unable to audition for scholarships during their reign. Also they are unable to compete a solo in regular competition however they are eligible to perform a solo for exhibition only. They may, however, compete in all other competition divisions (duo/trio/small group etc.)
- Best Overall winners may not compete that routine in another regional competition.
- A five-point deduction will be taken if routine exceeds time limit.
- General props are permitted. No dangerous props, no live animals, no glass.
- All props will have 2 minutes to be brought on and off stage. If your prop load time is over 2 minutes each judge will deduct 5 points.
- All competitors must dress in dressing room assigned by L.A.Dance Magic or risk the possibility of disqualification.
- No coaching from sideline.
- All routines must be age appropriate and suitable for family viewing.
- Courteous behavior must be exhibited at all times at event.
- Regionals: For prize money to be awarded at a regional competition, a minimum of four routines must be entered in that category. No cash prizes will be awarded in the Pro age division.
- National Finals: For 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prize money to be awarded at National Finals, a minimum of four routines must be entered in that category. If there are fewer than four routines in that category, then only 1st place prize money will be awarded. If there is only one routine entered in that category, that routine must earn a platinum medal in order to receive 1st place prize money.
- Xtreme Dance Challenge: In order to compete for National Grand Champion and cash prize there must be 2 or more routines in the age division. If there is only one routine no cash prize will be awarded. To be eligible to perform in the banquet the routine must receive a Platinum score.
- All decisions made by the judges are final.
Jazz, Tap, Ballet, Lyrical, Hip Hop, Open, Musical Theatre, Contemporary
Open Category Guidelines
Your routine is in this category if:
- It consists of (3) or more tumbling passes
- It combines styles of dance; i.e. jazz & tap
- It demonstrates styles of other cultures
- If you are unsure, call the office
We invite the parents, family & friends to observe competition for free!
Platinum, High Gold, Gold and Silver all qualify for National Finals!
READ CAREFULLY TO AVOID POSSIBLE DISQUALIFICATION!
- Competing dancers may enter routines in multiple categories, but they may not compete against themselves in the same division, category and age group.
- Routines entered in the same division, category and age group must have a minimum 50% change in participants.
- In a routine, 50% of the contestants (in age divisions Jr Prep, Jr, Teen or Sr) must be of that age in order to compete in that division. If 50% are of a higher age division, then that routine must compete in the higher age division, even though the calculated average age may be of the lower age division.
- You must be able to provide proof of age for each contestant.
- Teachers and professionals may not compete; that is one who owns or operates a dance studio, receives payment for instruction or choreography, and does not attend primary education.
- Assistant teachers may compete; that is one who is enrolled at the dance studio and also attends primary education or attends secondary education with a minimum of 12 credit hours.
- All contestants must be registered, along with a teacher, for the entire convention.
- In order to compete, a teacher must be REGISTERED AND PRESENT for the entire convention.
- In some cities there may be FRIDAY NIGHT COMPETITION.
- Regional competitions will be limited to time available. If quota is reached before competition cut-off date, your entry may not be accepted.
You have the option to Pay by Check or Credit Card prior to the event. Only cash or credit cards will be accepted at the door.
- If paying by check, send separate checks for convention and competition fees. You must submit both checks at the same time.
- No refunds or cancellations.
- Only credit cards and cashiers checks will be accepted at the door. No studio or personal checks.
- Faculty subject to change.
- We reserve the right to refuse service.
- All accounts must be paid in full to participate in the convention and competition. In the unlikely circumstances that a studio’s account is unpaid or found with insufficient funds following the event attended, a 10% fee will be incurred.
CHAPERONES are required for all dancers aged 15 & under who are staying at the hotel.
PLEASE have respect for others at all times. Keep noise level low in your rooms and hallways. Wear cover-ups when leaving the ballroom area. No running in lobby or halls! Use caution on the stairs and in the elevators.
No Video or Photography allowed during Competition!!!