The L.A. DanceMagic Company provides young people a transition from student to professional dancer. Company members are trained in all areas of dance and are taught the business aspects of entertainment. Members train with and perform choreography by the faculty of L.A. DanceMagic. Members are required to commit to the program and rules set forth by the Company.
Frequently Asked Questions about LADM Company
What style of dance company is this?
The Dance Magic Company will specialize in jazz and contemporary, but will also perform tap, hip hop and modern ballet.
Who is the Company Director?
Jackie Sleight is the director. The Company rehearses and studies with the LADM faculty.
Do we have to move to Los Angeles?
No. Company rehearsals will be held at L.A. DanceMagic Conventions.
Will the Company be performing?
Absolutely. The Company will perform at DanceMagic Conventions, National Finals and various special events.
What are the requirements?
- Company members will be required to attend four (4) L.A. DanceMagic Conventions in one convention season. They will attend free-of-charge.
- They are responsible for room, airfare and personal expenses.
- There will be a mandatory training program. tba
- They will be required to take company class and assist the faculty while at convention.
- They will be required to purchase an L.A. DanceMagic Company warm-up suit, and are responsible to bring it with them to all DanceMagic events.
- Members must be a minimum of 12 years of age.
- Members must consistently meet and follow all requirements listed above.
- There is a Company fee, which will be determined at the beginning of each new season.
- How many members will there be?
- The Company is not restricted to a certain number.
How can I audition for the Company?
We will be looking for outstanding technique, performance and attitude at L.A. DanceMagic Conventions. We will be auditioning at the Masters’ Intensive.
Will I have to sign a contract?
Yes. You will have to agree to terms set forth by L.A. DanceMagic Dance Company. This contract will include reasons for dismissal including:
- Drugs, smoking or alcohol will absolutely not be tolerated and will result in immediate dismissal.
- Academic Report Cards will be monitored and an unusual decline in grades can result in dismissal.
- A positive attitude must be maintained as Company members will be viewed as representatives of L.A. DanceMagic. Gossip, foul language, unattractive or inconsiderate behavior can result in dismissal.
Is there anything else I should know?
We would like everyone who becomes a Company member to bring an open mind, be willing to learn new things, and expect to work hard. We are so excited to begin this new project. We are looking forward to finding positive, eager dancers who want to share this experience with us!